Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Meet Mango

 
Surprise! Jim brought me home a little bundle of joy! He was on a walk on one of the trails around here with Brad and Ann Marie when they heard this little guy in some tall grass all alone. Jim brought him home, and as soon as I realized it was a cat and not some other strange animal Jim had picked up, I was in love! I may even love Jim a little more since he has tried to tell me for years that he doesn't like cats and now he brought one home!

We were looking for a good gtmo name for him, and while it wasn't Jim's top pick, Mango started to stick. There are a lot of mango trees around here, and thanks to some sweet friends and neighbors who have trees, we have been getting lots of great mangoes and I'm becoming a tiny bit obsessed.

Mango moved in with us just over two weeks ago now, and he is adjusting well. The first few days he was so scared and shy we weren't even sure if he could walk. He quickly proved to us that not only can he walk, but he could also jump out of his temporary Rubbermaid box home. Now he is constantly underfoot and climbing up things. Jim still tries to act like he's not a big fan, but I think they're getting along ok...

 Izzy and Admiral are not the most thrilled to be adding a pet, but they are doing well. Big bro Addy seems old-man annoyed with him sometimes, but for the most part just doesn't pay any attention. Izzy wasn't sure what to do at first, but they have been playing together (read: fighting over toys) lately, which is SO cute! I think we should just get Izzy kittens to play with instead of her usual ball.
 
Our first vet visit went great, and little baby Mango was only 14 oz. They think he was about 4 weeks when we found him. He lets us know when he's hungry with super adorable screams, so he is plumping up quickly will be fully ready to play with the big dogs in no time!

We go back to the vet tomorrow, where I'm sure we'll find out he has gained 5 lbs. with all the food he's been eating. Check out this pot belly!
 
 
He's already become so much more playful and feisty, I can't wait to see what he's like when he gets a little older. Jim can't wait till he's through the kitten bites phase. It's really not helping my "aren't you glad we got a cat!" argument. Ok, I hear you...enough with the cat talk, a real update is coming soon. I'm on my way to becoming a crazy cat lady now.  
 



No comments:

Post a Comment