Friday, June 1, 2012

The Big Move!

The day has come...not like we had to wait long, it's only our two-week-aversary! The movers are here and packing up Jim and I's things for the move to Virginia. The plan right now is that the truck will get there in about two weeks, so we also have a U-Haul so we will have a bed and a table (the only important things, right?) and some other necessities like cookware, plenty of clothes & shoes, and of course, dog beds & a few squeaky balls for Izzy in her new big backyard. We will be leaving Panama City this weekend and heading to Georgia to visit some of Jim's family and friends along the way. It will be so fun to see them again without wedding stress and break up the long drive to Virginia too!

Although we've already worked on a lot of updates for our new home from Panama City, there's still plenty to do there and it will be nice to have a blank canvas with not a lot of furniture for a few days. Ok, I'm not completely thrilled about a week of being furnitureless and having limited outfit options, but it's all part of the adventure! Our first project is new blinds for sure, but I have a feeling I'll be getting pretty acquainted with the Lowe's staff for lots of other house projects that will come up. I am so excited to be able to start using all of our fabulous wedding gifts (thanks, yall!) and decorating rooms and making a little garden and meeting the neighbors and so many more things! I just can't wait to see our new house (yes, I haven't even seen it in person yet haha!) and start making a home with Jim and the puppies!

1 comment:

  1. You are adorable! I am so excited to be able to read about all of your new adventures becoming Mrs. Ripple! I hope you both have a safe trip up to Virginia and I know your new home will be everything you ever imagined and more! xoxo

    ReplyDelete