Sunday, June 24, 2012

It's Who You're With That Really Matters

This week started off fabulously with Tiffany & Kris coming in town for the Dave Matthews concert in Virginia Beach (like 30 min away from Jim and I). They braved the Father's Day traffic and made it to our house Sunday afternoon. It was so fun to show them our new home, and Tiff even brought me my first two houseplants! Don't worry...she said they require almost no care and very little water...just in case I ever get a little forgetful.
Side note - I did have my first gardening adventure this week also! We had 2 big planters on our front porch that had ugly deadish flowers in them. I figured I could handle something like that, so I made the trip to Lowe's (may or may not have called mom to make sure I knew what the tags on the plants meant) and got some pansies petunias (??? one of those pretty cute ones...) and some Miracle Grow and went to town! It's been a few days already and they are still looking fine! Maybe I will find that I inherited Mom's green thumb after all!
Ok, so back to Dave! It was so fun and I was so happy to finally make it to a DMB show. Sad story: One of my favorite college roomates, Stephanie, got me tickets for my birthday my sophomore year. We made the drive to Tampa, etc. and got rained out :( We were devestated! When Steph saw my last post about us going, she texted me and said her and her boyfriend are going this year too! All is well with the Dave portion of our lives now :) Although he never did play Satellite (trust me, we waited...) it was a great time and fun to spend time with Tiff & Kris! Plus we had lawn seats and it was nice to be able to just relax and hang out on a blanket (and not climb over 62,038 people to get out to go to the bathroom)



So...did you notice I am wearing a cardigan in JUNE?!? We aren't in Florida anymore, ya'll! I have been shocked at the coolness at night in Virginia! It is awesome!!! It gets down into the 70's (Brr for us FL folks) at night which is perfect for eating outside and walking the pups (and the sun doesn't set till like 8:30 so I feel like I get so much accomplished!) I originally thought that VA would be kind of chilly...here was my rationale: my sister lives in Virginia. It snows at her house. Therefore it's probably cold most of the time there. Right? WRONG! It also gets SO HOT during the day.

Thank goodness my sweet hubster has worked so hard at getting the pool nice! We have fully begun using the pool...and by "we" I mean Jim, Izzy, and I. Admiral will have no part in water activities. Izzy, on the other hand, has been intrigued from the start and has now become 100% comfortable jumping in after her beloved green Christmas ball, or if we get in...or if she "accidentally" drops her ball in and has to retrieve it (I'm positive she is just trying to save me the trouble of fishing it out). No, really though, she is very good about just going knee-deep unless we say it's ok. But she is so darn cute swimming after that ball that we throw it in for her to cool off anyway.



I am such a proud Momma! She used to be terrified of water (well...everything really, but she has come so far!) I am so happy to know that not only can she swim, she definitely knows where the stairs are in the pool, so I don't have to stress about any accidents! (Not that she stays out of anyones sight for more than like 5 seconds....) Until next time! Xoxo

1 comment:

  1. Yay! So happy you enjoyed Dave...I have about 2 more weeks until I see him! You better share some pictures of the new place...my curiosity is killing me! :)ily Glad all is well, I miss you!!!

    ReplyDelete